The Parish Finance council is a consultative body of lay persons established to advise the Pastor in matters pertaining to the financial affairs of the parish.
Members of the Council shall be:
- Members of good standing in the parish, who are competent in financial affairs and can work well with others in providing such administrative assistance.
- Individuals who are well acquainted with, or willing to learn, the civil, canonical and diocesan regulations pertaining to the temporal administration of the parish.
- Individuals who are familiar with sound business practices and can read and interpret financial statements, or have a willingness to learn.
Responsibility of members:
- Serve without remuneration, except for the reimbursement of pre-approved expenses incurred, while acting in this role.
- Shall not be employees of the parish or members of an employee’s immediate family.
- Meet at least every quarter to review its activities to date and establish priorities, or adjust its financial estimates for the future.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls and safeguards are in place.
- Directing the preparation of the annual budget.
- Monitoring actual financial results.
The appointment of a parish finance member is supervised by Fr. Yarek Dziuba. Please contact Fr. Yarek or the Parish Office (403-289-2591) for further information.