The gathering of the People of God for mass and other liturgies is a most visible sign of the Body of Christ. Under the direction of the parish priest, Greeters & Ushers serve that Body by helping to establish a climate of welcome, helpfulness and order for those gathered. They assist the assembly so that the Liturgy and Sacred Rites can be celebrated with ease and grace.
Who Can Serve as an Ushers/Greeters?
- Those who are fully competent to carry out all aspects of this ministry
- Fully initiated Catholic who participates in parish work and life
- Collaborates well and enjoys working with others as a team
- Has a helpful, supportive and non threatening attitude when working with people
- Knows basic parish procedures such as new member sign up and office contacts
- Knows emergency procedures and phone numbers
- Is comfortable with being accountable and is sensitive to the observance of proper boundaries and diocesan standards of care
If a member of St. Joseph Parish wishes to become an usher/greeter, they must fulfill certain criteria before they are commissioned:
- Baptized and registered in this parish.
- Have completed the process of volunteer screening, and signed the Model Code of Conduct form, in order to assist in developing and implementing uniform diocesan guidelines for appropriate behaviour for all religious and lay persons involved in ministries and other activities.
- Availability to attend yearly ushers workshop/training.
To register, please contact the Parish Office.
or call 403-289-2591