Letter from Fr. Yarek
My name is Fr. Yarek Dziuba, SDS and I am delighted to be working with you to coordinate the preparation for First Reconciliation. The beginning of the school year also marks the beginning of sacramental preparation. The practice in our parish is to invite the children to celebrate First Holy Communion in their Grade two or three. The home and parish carry the primary responsibility for this preparation. Enrolment celebration, parent orientation meetings and sacramental celebrations will originate from the parish. Your involvement and your participation in the parish are crucial to your child’s faith development and ultimate commitment to the Catholic faith.
The school instruction regarding the meaning of the sacraments is an essential part of the program. It supports and enhances the learning and the experiences the children encounter at home and in the parish. The readiness of your child to receive this sacrament will be decided by you in consultation with the pastor. Your home preparation can begin now. While you await further communication from the parish we encourage you to bring the following points to your child’s awareness:
- The fact that she/he may be celebrating a sacrament.
- The name of the sacrament she/he may be preparing to celebrate.
- It is also important that as family you consciously begin your child’s preparation for the sacrament by intensifying:
- Your regular participation in Sunday Mass.
- Your daily morning and evening prayer.
- Your daily efforts to imitate the life of Jesus.
For more information about the First Communion preparation programs currently being offered, contact the Parish office (403) 289-2591 or email.
- January 22, 2017 at 6:30 PM (Meeting #3)
- February 12, 2017 at 6:30 PM (Meeting #4)
- March 19, 2017 at 6:30 PM (Meeting #5)
- May 14, 2017 at 6:30 PM (Meeting #6)
- May 27, 2017 at 10 AM (Rehearsal)
- May 28, 2017 at 2 PM (First Communion)