Letter from Fr. Yarek
My name is Fr. Yarek Dziuba, SDS and I am delighted to be working with you to co-ordinate the preparation for First Reconciliation. The home and parish carry the primary responsibility for this preparation. Enrolment celebration, parent orientation meetings, and sacramental celebrations will originate from the parish. Your involvement and your participation in the parish are crucial to your child’s faith development and ultimate commitment to the Catholic faith.
The school instruction regarding the meaning of the sacraments is an essential part of the program. It supports and enhances the learning and the experiences the children encounter at home and in the parish. The readiness of your child to receive this sacrament will be decided by you in consultation with the pastor. Your home preparation can begin now. While you await further communication from the parish we encourage you to bring the following points to your child’s awareness:
- The fact that she/he may be celebrating a sacrament.
- The name of the sacrament she/he may be preparing to celebrate.
- It is also important that as family you consciously begin your child’s preparation for the sacrament by intensifying:
- Your regular participation in Sunday Mass.
- Your daily morning and evening prayer.
- Your daily efforts to imitate the life of Jesus.
For more information about the First Communion preparation programs currently being offered, contact the Parish office (403) 289-2591 or email.
The program runs on the following Sundays from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM at the Parish Hall
- Registration Day: Sunday, October 29, 2017
- Session 1: November 12, 2017
- Session 2: November 19, 2017
- Session 3: November 26, 2017
- Session 4: December 3, 2017
- Session 5: December 10, 2017
Reconciliation Retreat and the Sacrament of First Reconciliation: Saturday, December 16 from 10 AM to Noon.